SO MUCH FUN!!
Okay, for the most part it was fun…the boys are at a great age, they are really into the magic of Christmas and they had a good time.
Kindle Fire's are the gift this year and boy were they excited!
Eagerly waiting to see if Santa had come!
A Christmas Picture before we know for sure!
Sherri helping Austin with his new Kindle.
Jason helping Austin with his new Kindle.
So - the not so fun part. Austin had quite a day on Christmas Eve…or should I say he had a HARD time telling the truth. There is nothing - and I repeat nothing that gets to Jason and I more then not telling the truth. I remember going through this discussion with Caleb, but he got it pretty quickly and learned that it was a bad thing. Austin on the other hand just doesn't care what we think. To say that parenting him is tough is probably an understatement! So, when he told a repeated lie about hiding his bow tie for church, we knew that we needed to make a statement out of it. So…instead of his presents on Christmas morning - Austin got a letter from Santa!
We absolutely hated doing this, but didn't know how else to make a point…and at such a fun time!!
Austin's eye's welled up and he started to quiver. It was really heartbreaking, but to be honest, we haven't had a terrible time with him since. Thank goodness!!
The other really fun hit of the day was the gaming table that Geba and Ter Ter gave the boys. They are loving the Air Hockey part! All in all it was a great day!

Good timing to read this - I took all of Cora's toys out of her room in a trash bag this morning - not because she lied but because she refuses to stay in her bed. Ahhh!
ReplyDelete