Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word! At least that is what the big word is when you take your first trip to Oriole Park at Camden Yards. We finally decided that it was time to get the boys excited about Major League Baseball and the Orioles. It can be a pretty expensive day by the time you get the seats, the program and the food, but it was well worth it. Caleb was glued to the game and Austin did well until about the 6th Inning when he fell asleep.
 |
| Caleb and Austin waiting for the light rail into Baltimore. |
 |
| On the light rail, the kids got to sit with Gee Gee. As we found out while on the train, the annual Animae convention was also taking place that weekend. It was crazy. All the crazy people dressed in costumes on the train going to a Japanese cartoon festival. That was not what we had anticipated! |
I think the most special part of the day was that we took my Gramie (Gee
Gee) with us to the game. I remember she and Grandpop taking Jeff and I
to our first Oriole game in Memorial Stadium. I was about Caleb or
Austin's age and I remember falling asleep on Gramie's lap. Jeff
enjoyed the game much more than I did at that point. I definitely think
we will be going back, the kids had a blast!
 |
| We had GREAT seats! We were on the 3rd base line and under the overhang so it never got too hot. It was 90 degrees at game time, but there was a breeze and we were in the shade! Perfect! |
 |
| And the Oriole Bird! |
 |
| A trip to the ball park was NOT going to be complete without cotton candy and ice cream! |
 |
| Soldier Down! |
 |
| Caleb fell asleep in the car on the way home and we literally brought him in and he didn't move. Then, we got him upstairs and in his jammies before he even realized he had fallen asleep!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment