What a fun weekend! Jason and I headed to Blacksburg, Virginia to watch the Huskers take on Virginia Tech. That was quite possibly one of the strangest games I have been to in a while, and it was a gut wrencher at the end, but it was fun to get away for just a few day. I have to say that it started out kind of rough...reminiscent of a trip to Florida for the Gator Bowl in January. Yes folks, Jason once again forgot the tickets! We had to come back to Crofton and get them before we could head down, so that put us about two hours behind on our drive time. Oh well, at least we could get them this time!
The Virginia Tech fans couldn't have been more hospitable...I am hoping that everyone experienced what we did and they were so nice and kind to us...before and after the game. On the way back Jason decided that it would be fun to drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway which parallels the interstate. It would have been beautiful if the weather had cooperated, but it was cloudy. So we hopped off of that pretty quickly onto Pickets Gap Road. Okay...let me just tell you that it was a one lane, dirt road down the mountain. Really, a place where the crazy people that the FBI is looking for probably live! Anyway, I posted some pictures of that, the one of us at the game, the flyover before the game and then of course the boys!
The Virginia Tech fans couldn't have been more hospitable...I am hoping that everyone experienced what we did and they were so nice and kind to us...before and after the game. On the way back Jason decided that it would be fun to drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway which parallels the interstate. It would have been beautiful if the weather had cooperated, but it was cloudy. So we hopped off of that pretty quickly onto Pickets Gap Road. Okay...let me just tell you that it was a one lane, dirt road down the mountain. Really, a place where the crazy people that the FBI is looking for probably live! Anyway, I posted some pictures of that, the one of us at the game, the flyover before the game and then of course the boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment