Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bruiser...again

I get it, I haven't blogged in a very long time...AGAIN!  It needs to be more of a priority, but to be honest it is crazy and I haven't made it one.

This is blog worthy.  My sweet Austin yet again found his way to the ER.  On Friday night we were at baseball practice.  He was running around with his friends like normal and I was chatting with some of the other Moms...like normal.  Jason was outside on a phone call.  The next thing I knew, one of the other Mom's went running.  The baseball pitch back net/foam hard thing, had fallen on one of the little guys.  Whoever was under there was smashed to the floor and all we heard was a blood curdling scream.  When the coach was able to lift it off of the little guy, it was Austin.  Initially (and I mean within the first 30 seconds,) Austin looked just fine.  Then I went to sit down with him and noticed a big bump on his head and his eye starting to swell.  At this point, one of the other Moms and kids, ran to find Jason.  I grabbed our stuff, told Caleb to get his stuff and we headed to the urgent care a mile down the road.

By the time we got there Austin's eye was swollen shut.  We got into the trauma room there and couldn't get Austin to calm down.  It took a good 45 mins or so to get him to stop crying.  The Physician's Assistant that was on call was nervous about head trauma and said we needed to get him scanned immediately.  They were going to transport us by Ambulance to the ER for further evaluation. Well, at this point we were able to calm him down a good bit and they decided that we could drive him ourselves.  (This was a very good thing because honestly, the ambulance and backboarding him would have freaked him out!)

We arrived at the ER and were in a room within minutes and after about 3 hours we left with nothing more than a good old fashioned black eye.  I couldn't have been happier with all the other things they were considering.

This was the first picture I could get.  It was waiting in the urgent care as we were watching it swell up!

Waiting with Dad in the hospital.  

Waiting with Mom in the hospital!

Up and ready for breakfast!


First thing on Saturday morning when Austin woke up.  It had turned a really good shade of black and blue at this point!

This was first thing on Sunday morning.  He can actually open his eye now and is starting to feel much better!
I am so thankful for my phone and the good quality of the photos that it takes.  We were able to pretty much document our experience and at least the first 36 hours afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment