Friday, August 26, 2011

Caleb goes to Kindergarten!

I will start off by saying that I am SO proud of Caleb. He has come such a long way from the very shy, reserved, "momma's boy" of two years ago when he started preschool. Caleb is confident, more outgoing, kind, loving, respectful and loyal and is sooooooo ready for Kindergarten.

Maybe that is why, when he got excited for school and wasn't afraid to walk right in and meet his teacher, I wasn't sad. I was so happy for him, so proud of him and so excited for him to start this next phase.

All of that aside, there were a couple of things that did make me sad. For the last four years, I have had the best (and worst) of my little boy! I have been there when he has made good and bad decisions, I have been there when he has been happy and upset, I have been there when he got hurt and when he was successful with something that he found challenged him. So, to give all of that to someone else makes me sad.

This is an exciting time for us though, as a family and the changes that we will be going through with him...I just hope and pray that the foundation that we provided and continue to give him will help him to know how much we love him and support him! Until then, I will get very excited every day I get to see him at the end of the day! There is nothing like the hug that I get when he gets home from school!

Caleb getting his name tag from Mrs. Carruth!

All ready to go...

Caleb and Nicky on their way to school...

A quick picture with Mom...he is still my boy :)

Quick picture with Dad...

1 comment: