Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A little cookie baking

Every year Mom and I do our annual cookie baking day...we enjoy this time together and the boys, Aunt Sue and Jason enjoy taste testing all of our creations. This year because of schedules, we weren't able to do it all at the same time so we did a couple of days. But, the sugar cookies were well decorated by little hands (with some help) this year. They had a great time!

So on a side note...I love my kitchen aid stand mixer. When we were growing up, my favorite thing to do was lick the beaters after Mom was finished with them. With her old Sunbeam Mixmaster, there were always two beaters. Well, the Kitchen aid has a single "paddle." This problem has become a major issue with my cookie dough lovers. So, every other time, I give one of them the paddle and the other one the scraper. It seems to have worked for now, but we will see if they notice the difference as they get older!




Austin licking the "paddle."


Caleb and G-mum decorating the cookies.


Austin and A. Sue decorating the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment