All winter, Caleb has been participating in a weekly T-ball practice at an indoor complex. So when spring came around we decided to sign him up and see how it went. Well, honestly, two practices a week and an hour long game on Saturday's might just be too much for a 4 year old! He does alright for the first part of the game, but about half way through, he tends to really enjoy playing in the dirt a lot more. I don't know who gets more frustrated, Jason or me, we are constantly telling him to keep his eye on the ball, watch the ball, stop playing in the dirt or pay attention, but he doesn't really care!
On top of it all, he had stitches in his right eye for his first game. Poor little guy had a run in with the swing and the swing won! Jason was out of town and there was blood pouring out of his eye. To say that I freaked is probably an understatement, all I could see was the blood! Anyway, the Dr. wanted to do three stitches, but I opted for the steri-strip method instead. It was just too much for me to handle!
Poor guy! What a trooper! It's ok about the digging in the dirt, etc. I don't think kids really get serious about sports until 8 or 9.
ReplyDelete