Saturday, August 1, 2009
Our New Pet...
Well, as with everything there is a short story. We were fish watching (yes...fish watching) for our friends the Melfi's while they went away for a couple of days. Caleb and Austin were immediately taken with their two beta fish, a blue one and a peach one. It was Saturday morning and Jason was golfing while I was cleaning up from breakfast. Austin was napping and Caleb was playing quietly...or so I thought. The next thing I hear is "look mommy, I fed Nicky's fish!" To my horror, Caleb had dumped more food than the fish could eat in a lifetime into his tiny little bowl. So, when Austin woke up we made a family trip to Petsmart for water conditioner to save the fish. All I could imagine was having to explain to Nicky that his best friend killed his fish! Long and short of this is...Thanks to the Melfi's and their fish we came home with water conditioner and a red Beta Fish. Oh and by the way, Caleb named the fish "tomato!"

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh mommy is such a sucker!!! Guess it could have been worse, you could have been dog sitting! ;) welcome to the family tomato!!
ReplyDelete