Caleb's behavior the last couple of weeks, has been subpar at best. The whining, the crying, the tantrums, and fits have just about had me at my wits end. I couldn't really put my finger on what was going on except that maybe something was bothering him. Well, we were on our way to the 4 year old picnic where we meet the new teacher and he started asking me questions. The first one was "Mom, are you going to leave me at the picnic?" I said no, and that Austin and I would be there with him. Then he asked "Mom, when is my first day and are you going to leave me?" Fortunately, the first day of school is orientation and I will be with him then as well.
All these questions have me thinking that the reason he has been so out of sorts is because he is sooo nervous about school. I love my little man's sensitivity, and I know that one day it will be such a good thing, he is just like Jason and his sensitivity is one of the reasons I love him so much, so now I just need to figure out how to deal with my "uber" sensitive little boy. Good thing I get to go to school with him!
Anyway, in order to give him some special time we went on a date! We went to the Chick-Fil-A at the airport and watched airplanes while we ate lunch. Then we went shopping and picked out new clothes for school and his new school folder. Then we went to the Library and picked out some new books. We had such a great afternoon and I think it made him feel just a little bit better!
these are such sweet pictures! and your highlights look GREAT! tee hee!
ReplyDelete